RO technology or the reverse osmosis technology is something which is mainly used to remove a large amount of contaminants that are present in the regular tap water. they are removed mainly by pushing the tap water under a lot of pressure through a semi permeable membrane known as the RO membrane.
In reverse osmosis process one needs to apply some energy to get more saline solution. This semi permeable membrane allows the water molecules to pass through it but the organics, dissolved salts, bacteria that are present in the water are not allowed to pass through it. Some great pressure is put on the membrane in order to desalinate the water in this process so that pure water can pass and the contaminants are held back.
Here are some major benefits of using RO water filters in daily life:
- The water from RO tastes better. This is because; it is devoid of all chemicals and debris. The fresh water that arrives from RO is refreshing to taste than regular tap waters.
- Due to the RO process and technology, the water does not contain any contaminants. The process removes most of the impurities and bad particles from the water and some parasites are also filtered from it. As the chemicals are removes the water becomes healthy preventing the regular illness in a human body.
- The energy that is used daily to run a reverse osmosis system is also very low as compared to other water purifying systems. But again the productivity from this system is much more and one gets the maximum amount of water purification with a low use of energy.
- Getting an RO purifier at home or at office can be a space saver because it can be put into any place as it can fit in anywhere.
- It is easy to maintain an RO purifier. But one has to keep a sharp eye to it because the machine might require a maintenance service every 6 months. Filter replacements are also needed once in a year to make the machine durable. If necessary RO repair can also be done with the help of mechanics.
- In a reverse osmosis procedure, there are mainly 7 stages. Each stage is more intensive than the previous one. One can customise their water purifier depending on how many levels of purification they need in water depending on the locality and how much the water pollution is, in that locality. The more the stages are used, the more the water is filtered. The stage 1 removes the particles like salt and dust and then in the next stage, the carbon filters removes the bad taste along with chlorine and other chemicals. After that, the actual RO process takes place. In theses stages water is purified, refreshed and alkalised along with a UV filter to kill virus and bacteria.
These are the basic benefits of using an RO but again using them on a regular basis has become a necessity these days to stay healthy.